Dear Sakoon Family,
On Monday, May 4th, 2020, Sakoon The Spa will reopen the Medical Spa and select Day Spa services with new policies in place to protect the safety and wellness of all patients, guests, healthcare providers and staff in line with community and DCH guidelines. We thank you for being on our team as we transition through the initial stages of reopening. Please note that some of the Day Spa services that cannot be performed with a facemask on such as facials will not be available for the time being.
We will be following the mandatory safety and health standards as well as recommended protocols below imposed by the U.S. Department of Labor and Douglas County Health Department. All guests and patients wanting to be serviced at the Sakoon The Spa will need to be screened first over the phone and then additionally when they arrive at the spa. The scheduling of all guests/patients will be limited to the number of guests/patients that can be seen in order to adhere to the social distancing standards per the aforementioned governing bodies. Any companions of guests/patients other than a parent or a caregiver must stay outside of the building or in their car during the guest’s service until it is complete. Refusal of adherence to these guidelines will result in refusal of service.
- Screening for all guests, patients, and staff: Prior to arriving at Sakoon, each person entering the spa will answer the following questions - Have you had a cough? Have you had a fever? Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days? Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined? Have you traveled outside of Omaha throughout the past 14 days? If the guest answers “yes” for any of the questions above, he/she will be rescheduled. Our health providers and staff will be screened and held to the same strict standards of the aforementioned governing bodies.
- Maintain Social Distancing: Front desk staff (wearing masks) will be checking guests and patients in the lobby to ensure proper social distancing between them and the patient/guest. After each transaction, they will wipe down surfaces and work areas with disinfectant per CDC guidelines. Spacing between persons should be at least six feet at all times.
- Use of personal protective equipment and best practices: All of our healthcare providers and staff will be required to wear face masks at all times. All guests and patients should wear face masks to the extent possible while receiving services. Our healthcare providers and staff will also use gloves, disposable or re-washable capes, smocks, neck strips, etc. These items should be disinfected or disposed of between each patient.
- Disinfection: Sakoon The Spa has been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to reopening - all surfaces, tools, linens, and more. The cleaning schedule, products, and routine that Sakoon The Spa implements already meets the high standard of cleanliness and sterility of a clinical facility. Additionally, our staff will regularly wipe down touched surfaces and provide hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes to all staff, patients and guests. Avoiding the exchange of cash can help in preventing the spread of the COVID-19, but if this is unavoidable, be sure to wash and sanitize hands well after each transaction. The use of credit/debit transactions is preferred.
- Our Team: Healthcare providers and staff who are sick will stay home. We have provided our team with additional training, educational materials, and reinforcement on proper sanitation, hand washing, cough and sneeze etiquette, use of PPE, and other protective behaviors. We will also ensure break rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized and not used for congregating by healthcare providers and staff. Lastly, our team will continue to be flexible with work schedules/hours to reduce the number of people at all times in order to maintain social distancing.